Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ARTIST PROFILE: BY NIDA KHAN


“People are born artist, not made”

Mr. Muhammad Rafique Shaikh , is one of them.

BY NIDA KHAN

God almighty blesses certain people with such abilities in mortal world, that they do not have. Good voice is a gift of God every body have not with that good wealth owner Mr.Rafique is one of those people, who are gifted by God, he has extraordinary voice, he knows melody , his sound is incredible , that Mr. Rafique attained so much popularity in his life he is populous. The audience always gave him an enthusiastic response, moreover his ingenuity and artistic virtuously won every heart. He can possibly attain every thing due to his hard working, personally he likes soft and melody songs, he is singing simultaneously in sindhi and urdu , he is very modesty, shy, cooperative, friendly, hardworking and experienced singer.
Mr.Rafique sheikh was born in Hyderabad on September 26, 1969, he passed his matriculation in 1980 from Noor Muhammad high school , then he passed intermediate from Muslim science college after that he completed his graduation from Sindh University of Jamashoro in 1st class, he was a hard working student throughout his educational career always obtain excellent grades during his student life he was a good cricketer of 1st class cricket, he was an all rounder in his team and he achieved “ best bowler” award by “Zaheer Abbas” in 1987 but he had some family problems that why he could not continue his cricket passion. He is inspired in cricket by Jawaid Minandad.
He started professional career as an executive secretary at Fateh group of industry, then he went to Saudi Arabia for better opportunity and there he joined Al- Qafa construction company as executive secretary in 2000, he promoted there and became incharge of ISO organization in Damam, he had to came back in Pakistan in 2006 and there he joined NJI life in 2006.
Mr. Rafique turning point of life was in 1996, when he interested in singing and he incidentally entered in this field by the reference of his friend. He says, “a friends knew the song in my heart” and I have a good and melodious voice and people did well appreciate and teacher advised me to take it up seriously then I decided to continue singing and properly took training of classical music initially he learned from honorable Ustad Muhammad Siddique Mukesh and Usdad Sultan Khan Sahib (late) who played a great role in his learning and he did his base strong after his death he got training from Ustad Abed Khan Sitar saaz at that time , he was actually more interested in music.
His first break through came in the form of Radio program in 1997, he performed in “NOU RAANG” musical program, he also performed encomium (on the Holy Prophet S.A.W) other than he was been performed on T.V channels such as PTV and STN.
Mr. Rafique says, about his great achievements that he was performing first time in musical concert at Qila infront of huge and naughty audience whom did not perform to any singers but as such when he started performing on 3rd entry , I was surprised people were stunned when I sang the song, Mr. Rafique performed 27 songs whole night and it was very amazing that how I did it but he says that was his passion for singing. Second achievement of Mr. Rafique when he was performing with well knowned Ghazzal gayak Ustad Rasheed Khan and Mr. Rafique says that was a great night for me, because nobody interested in Ustad Rasheed Khan singing, as I sang a song, people requested to me again and again for singing instead of Usatad Sahib and I think, he was displeased by my self but he did not express he is a great singer and I respect him from core of my heart.
Mr. Rafique says “when a singer truly feels and experience what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true”, I remembered well, when I performed in wedding function I was singing very emotional song, I was really amazed when I saw the bridal family was weeping my emotional song teased to them, and he believed that, faith and joy are the great force of song.
Good voice is a gift of God and nobody make it, my teacher said that “Talent is in born, can not be created”, and I agreed with him 100% because 95% people are artists only 5% be produced, however the talent can be polished.
In 2008, when the dedication music album “Zinda bad dakhtar e mashriq zinda bad” was launching on martyrdom of Muhatarma Benazir Bhutto. Mr. Rafique sung a song “Churcha Benazir ka har aik ghar main hai” for this album and this is the first and leading song of this album.
He is inspired in music by Mr.Rafique and his voice also match with Raffia, when he come to stage and his name announce, people thinks that he changed his name, then he clarify that “I am Rafique not Raffia”. Mr. Rafique was a lead singer of his musical group (Saaz –o- Awash).
Presently he is working on his personal album and he has already composed five songs for this album, Mr. Rafique says I am very busy in my insurance field that is why I can not fully concentrate on my album but I am very keenly interested to launch this album very soon.
Mr. Rafique highly appreciate the role of media specially in music industry, he says now people know, how media works, freedom of media is good in my opinion, when he started singing at that time we had very limited sources and new talent faced many difficulties for having opportunities but now a days many channels working not only in Pakistan also in Hyderabad and I am surely say that much talent in Hyderabad. Channels providing opportunities and appreciating with open arm, due to launching of private channels the deserving people have got employment opportunities. He further says “If you want to prove your self and you have talent so electronic media can play very important role and youngest singer must come on media”.
Mr. Rafique says about his singing career “ I am satisfied with my profession and singing, I have not too much desires but I always feel that I need to improve more and more, I want to learn more, he says about his future plans, well he intends to establish a music institution on his own basis in Hyderabad between 4 to 5 years, he says “ I am not in it for the money , I like music, I love music, I can not imagine my self not playing or singing, it would just drive me crazy if I did not”.
Mr.Rafique says” as the trained and experienced singer my advice to younger singer, who have talent and want to express their singing talent, they must know music learning
Besides they must be good performer because” singer come and go, but if you are a good performer, you can last a long time” also a good singer must know types of audience, their taste of music, and young singer should daily singing practice for 3 to 4 hours, my music teacher said that if you do practice in morning only one hour you can easily covered 3 to 4 hours , the logic of this saying is that because morning is very tough time for practice our voice s drowsy so very difficult to manage it in tune. So all young singers must work hard because this is time the age of competition, “If you want to sing, you have to learn music”.

No comments:

Post a Comment